We ring the bells at three churches in Southampton:
St Mary’s Church is situated at the southern end of St Mary’s Street, next to Southampton City College.
The tower contains ten bells, which were re-cast after the Second World War. Read the complete history here.
Pay-and-display parking is available on St Mary’s Street and Chapel Road (daytime and evening charges apply), and there is also a pay-and-display car park available within the churchyard. Please DO NOT park on the tarmac driveway in the churchyard.
Please note that ALL visiting ringers who wish to use the church car park are responsible for ensuring they have paid to park.
St Michael’s Church is located in the old part of Southampton, within the City Centre Parish. The chuch is situated close to the city centre, and is the oldest building in Southampton.
The tower contains ten bells, which were augmented from the previous eight using salvaged bell metal from Holy Rood Church, which was destroyed during the second world war. Read the complete history here.
Castle Way and Bugle Street both offer on-street pay-and-display parking (daytime and evening charges apply). Please DO NOT park in the paved area of St Michael’s square, to the west of the church.
The Ascension, Bitterne Park
The Church of the Ascension is found in the suburb of Bitterne Park to the east of the River Itchen, just up the hill from Cobden Bridge and Bitterne Triangle.
The tower contains a peal of twelve bells and two additional semitones, the oldest of which were transferred to the newly built church in the 1950’s from St Maurice’s church in Winchester. Read the history here.
Free parking is available on Thorold Road and also in the small car park behind the church.
If you would like to arrange a visit to one of these towers, please get in touch using the form on our contact page.